APPLICATION IS OPEN
This system of grants is implemented in the framework of a highly selective, fully funded scholarship program, based at the distinguished Tsinghua University in Beijing*, designed to build a global community of young leaders in business, political and civil society who can effectively serve as bridges between China and the rest of the world.
Renova Group founded by Mr. Vekselberg is a stakeholder and strategic investor in a number of world-class companies such as UC Rusal, Oerlikon, Sulzer and SCHMOLZ + BICKENBACH. The Group encompasses direct investment funds and management companies operating in a number of sectors, including energy (T Plus Group, Hevel), transport (Airports of Regions Holding company), public utilities (Russian Utility Systems), real estate (KORTROS Group), portfolio investments (Columbus Nova), telecommunications (Akado Group), chemical (Orgsyntez Group) and precious metals (Kamchatka Gold).
The Renova Group of companies is aimed at generating employment in hi-tech sectors of economy, interested in expansion of its activity in international business sphere including in the Asian markets. For this reason mister Vekselberg as the Head of Group of companies considers very important to invest in education and training of the most highly qualified Russian specialists ready to new challenges of global economy.
Vekselberg’s fellowship in Schwarzman College at Tsinghua University aims to achieve the mentioned above goals by
(1) recruiting promising young leaders from Russia, people who have the ambition and talent to take on executive roles in government, civil society or business
(2) educate them about China’s global role via a one-year Master’s in global affairs at Tsinghua
(3) link them to senior mentors in their field in China and to their peers among China’s rising young leaders.
It is an unparalleled introduction to China and its role in the world.
A Vekselberg’s Scholar should demonstrate extraordinary leadership potential and interpersonal skills, the ability and initiative to anticipate and act on emerging opportunities, strong intellectual capacity, and exemplary character.
The recipients of a Fellowship are to build a professionally diverse cohort each year, and welcome undergraduates/graduates and young professionals up to age 28 from any field who can articulate how the experience in China will help to develop their skills as leaders.
We expect the largest number of applications from fields and professions that are heavily influenced by trends in China, including but certainly not limited to economics, political science, sociology, history, business, public policy, international studies, environmental studies, energy, health, climate, urban studies, trade and others.
Applications for 2018/2019 will are now open.
For more information on the Fellowship, please feel free to access the following resources:
- For a schedule of webinars and campus presentations, please visit our website
- Our advisory board, consisting of political, business, and academic leaders from around the world
You can ask your questions regarding the scholarship using these contacts:
Human resource management and corporate relations Director
RENOVA Group of companies
Tel: +7 (495) 720 49 99 (5832)
Olga Bashkirova, CEO
Charitable foundation “RENOVA”
Tel: +7 (495) 720 49 99 (5726)
115184 Moscow, Russia, Malaya Ordynka str., 40
* The program was launched with endorsements from Xi Jinping and Barack Obama and was designed with input from a wide array of advisors including former Canadian Prime Minister, Brian Mulroney; former United States Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger; former United States Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice; former President of the World Bank, James Wolfensohn; former President of Yale University, Richard Levin; and former Vice Chancellor of Oxford University, Sir Colin Lucas among many others.